Quiz on Marlowe
. One of Marlowe's earliest published works was his translation of the epic poem 'Pharsalia', written by which Roman poet?
2. Marlowe's poem 'The Passionate Shepherd to His Love' begins with the line "Come live with me and be my love"; which other English author wrote a famous poem beginning with this line?
3. In Marlowe's play, what was the name of the Jew of Malta?
4. How many years of happiness was Dr Faustus promised by the Devil?
5. Which of these Kings was the subject of a play by Marlowe?
6. One of Marlowe's most famous poems was an account of which lovers?
Apollo and Hyacinth
Anthony and Cleopatra
Hero and Leander
Troilus and Cressida
7. Marlowe's play 'Tamburlaine the Great' was based loosely on the life of which Asian ruler?
8. What was the title of the play by Marlowe that portrayed the events surrounding the Saint Bartholomew's Day Massacre in 1572?
The Massacre at Paris
The Massacre at Copenhagen
The Massacre at Berlin
The Massacre at Rome
9. In the title of Marlowe's play, of where was Dido the Queen?
10. Christopher Marlowe was England's first official Poet Laureate.