Multiple Choice Questions of French Revolution
1. On which of the following day did ‘Storming of the Bastille’ occur?
(a) 14th July, 1789
(b) 14th July, 1798
(c) 14th June, 1789
(d) 14th June, 1798
2. What did Bastille symbolize?
(a) Benevolence of the king
(b) Despotic power of the king
(c) Armed might of France
(d) Prestige and power
3. 18th century French society was divided into
(b) Four Estates
(c) Three Estates
(d) Two Estates
4. Which of the following constituted the privileged class?
(a) Clergy and peasants
(b) Peasants and nobility
(c) First and Third Estate
(d) Clergy and nobility
5. The most important of the privileges enjoyed by the clergy and nobility
(a) Right to collect dues
(b) Ownership of land
(c) Participate in wars
(d) Exemption from taxes to the state
6. Which of the following believed social position must depend on merit?
(a) Middle class
7. Society based on freedom, equal laws and opportunities was advocated by
(a) Middle class and people of the Third Estate
(b) Clergy and nobility
(c) Philosophers such as John Locke and Rousseau
(d) Englishmen Georges Danton and Arthur Young
8. Which of the following refuted the doctrine of divine and absolute right?
(a) John Locke
9. Who advocated government based on Social Contract?
10. Division of power within the government was put forth in
(a) 'Two Treaties of Government'
(b) 'The Spirit of the Laws'
(c) 'Le Moniteur Universal'
(d) 'The Social Contract'